SEGA have released a fact sheet for SEGA Rally. The game is developed by SEGA Racing Studio, and is slated for an autumn 2007 release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.
Press release starts:
- GAME OVERVIEW
- Bumper to bumper Rally racing: Close competitive Rally racing with multiple cars on track racing bumper to bumper across Rally inspired environments.
- Deformation: Fully deformable environments & surfaces that will ensure no two laps, let alone a race, will be the same.
- Speed & adrenaline: Fun, looping tracks, with a wide variety of surface types and vehicles including 4WD, 2WD & Classic vehicles.
- A driving fantasy: Set to offer a wonderfully vibrant graphical world, featuring 8 different environments each taking inspiration from exotic locations around the world.
- Competition: Advanced AI, multiplayer and online capabilities will ensure a healthy level of competition for all standards of driver.
- Immediacy: Arcade accessibility with simulation depth.
The introduction of SEGA Rally to the arcades in 1995 had the single biggest impact on the racing genre. Subsequent console rally games concentrated on a realistic simulation of the sport, but their popularity, reflected in sales, steadily dropped over the last decade. Now, SEGA Rally is back and set to reinvigorate the genre with the vital ingredients that many of the modern racers lack fun, character and beauty, with few rally games able to match its unique and rewarding experience. Rallys dead, long live SEGA Rally.
More information can be found from the SEGA Rally home page.