Microsoft have announced that the highly coveted Worms: Defeat will finally make it to Xbox Live Arcade! The game will become available on 7th of March from 9.00 GMT, at a price of 800 Microsoft Points.
- A mix of strategy and arcade action that, although simple to understand, contains real depth and massive re-playability
- Turn-based multiplayer action for up to four players locally or over Xbox Live
- An assortment of game options:
– Landscape on which to do battle
– Turn and round times
– Starting weapon arsenal for each team
- Three detailed tutorials to introduce the mechanics to first-time players
- Twenty increasingly difficult single-player challenges
- Three graphical themes for play
- A random landscape generator to ensure that no two landscapes are ever the same
- Twenty-two weapons and utilities to deploy against your enemies
- Many customisable elements, including what worms and teams are named, what worms say, and which gravestone they have when they die
- High-definition visuals and many graphical improvements throughout the game
- Twelve achievements
- Weekly, monthly and overall leaderboards.